Yes, RAD PDF can be setup without running the RadPdfInstaller.exe on the server. There are several steps to this process:
- Retrieve the necessary files from the installer.
- Install RadPdfInstaller.exe on another Windows machine (preferably running a 64-bit version of Windows)
- Presuming a default installation, copy the following files to a temporary location:
- C:\Program Files\RAD PDF\Service\RadPdfService.exe
- C:\Program Files\RAD PDF\Service\RadPdfService.exe.config
- C:\Program Files\RAD PDF\Service\RadPdfServiceHelper.exe
- C:\Program Files\RAD PDF\Service\RadPdfServiceHelper.exe.config
- C:\Program Files\RAD PDF\WebControl\RadPdf.dll
- C:\Windows\System32\RadPdfD.dll (NOTE: If running a 32-bit version of Windows, it is the 32-bit DLL version, otherwise it is 64-bit)
- C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RadPdfD.dll (NOTE: If running a 32-bit version of Windows, it does not exist, otherwise it is 32-bit DLL)
- C:\Program Files\RAD PDF\Resources (optional, for use with CMapDirectory and the RAD PDF System Service)
- Put files in their correct locations on the server.
- The above retrieved files should be copied in their same respective locations on the server. It is important to keep in mind that if the version of Windows differs (e.g. 32-bit vs 64-bit) DLL locations may need to be adjusted
- RadPdf.dll should be placed directly into the /bin/ directory of the ASP.NET Web Application
- If you wish to use the CMap resources with the RAD PDF System Service, they should be in a directory named Resources one directory up from RadPdfService.exe
- Install the RAD PDF Service.
- At a command prompt with RadPdfService.exe in its current path, execute RadPdfService.exe -i to install the service
- To uninstall the service (should you need to in the future), execute RadPdfService.exe -u
- Start the RAD PDF Service.
- Open the Windows Services tool (or execute services.msc)
- Look for RAD PDF Service and start it (or execute NET START "RAD PDF Service")
You are now ready to use RAD PDF on your server.
For more information about advanced options and registry key settings, see: